The government of India’s Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has made it easier to pay traffic e-challans or fines online. Here is how you can pay your traffic e-challans or fines online.
In India, every state has a different website where people pay their traffic challans by visiting the state’s transport official website. We can’t describe the process for every single website here; however it is quite similar for respectively state or city traffic challan payment websites.
Pay through Ministry of Road Transport and Highways website:
- Visit the E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement solution official website (https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/), from either a mobile or laptop. This is a One Nation One Challan initiative and on this page.
- Once E-Challan website is open, go to Check Challan Status.
- This page will offer three options to check the challan status – using challan number, using vehicle number, or using driving license number. You will need either of this information and enter a captcha to go ahead.
- Once you enter any of the three details, the challan details will appear online. It is important to note that sometimes two different challans can be issued using license number and vehicle number separately. It is recommended to search using both the details to get details of challan generated online.
- If a valid e-challan is found, the website will list the challan below and given option for pay now to make the payment online.
- In order to initiate transaction, you will need to verify your mobile number with OTP sent to your number. When you click pay now, the website may redirect you to your state website to finish the payment.
- After this entire step you will see a payment confirmation page. On this page, click on ‘Proceed with Net Payment’ and select your preferred payment gateway.
- You can use your credit, debit card or Internet banking to pay an e-challan.
- You can also verify previously made payments.
Paying traffic e-challan through PAYTM:
You can also pay your e-challan through Paytm; here is how you can do it.
- Open your Paytm app from either a mobile or laptop,
- Go to the challan bill payment option,
- Select your traffic authority,
- Now enter your required details such as your Challan Number, Vehicle number, Driving Licence number,
- Then Click on the proceed button
- Enter the challan amount
- Proceed with the payment
- Select the payment mode
- Pay the challan amount.
Paytm link here.
If the e-challan payment option for you is not available on either of the website above, search for the e-challan payment website for your state or city. Here are the links for some of the most populous states in India – Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar, Tamilnadu, and Rajasthan.
More Interesting Information News Update search here.