Covid 19, Government of India is taking all necessary steps to ensure that we are prepared well to face the challenge and threat posed by the growing pandemic of COVID-19 the Corona Virus. With active support of the people of India, we have been able to contain the spread of the Virus in our country.
According to WHO Situation update:
As of 28 April 2020 (8:00 AM), according to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), a total of 29435 COVID-19 cases, (including 111 foreign nationals) have been reported in 32 states/union territories. These include 6868 who have been cured/discharged, 1 who has migrated and 934 deaths. Hospital isolation of all confirmed cases, tracing and home quarantine of the contacts is on-going.
“India is now in a decisive phase of the response. As in the case of polio, in combating COVID-19 too, surveillance is playing a central role. Accordingly, at the request of the government, WHO has further stepped up the support in strengthening on-going surveillance and response at state, district and block levels; cluster containment activities; strengthening real-time data collection activities; and accelerated implementation of the national Integrated Health Information Platform. Our entire field presence, including the National Public Health Surveillance Project, has been fully re-purposed to support the government to overcome this challenge,” says Dr Henk Bekedam, WHO Representative to India.
Guidelines for Work Place:
- When someone has COVID-19 coughs or exhales they release droplets of infected fluid.
- Most of these droplets fall on nearby surfaces and objects – such as desks, tables or telephones.
- People could catch COVID-19 by touching contaminated surfaces or objects and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth.
- If they are standing within one meter of a person with COVID-19 they can catch it by breathing in droplets coughed out or exhaled by them. In other words, COVID-19 spreads in a similar way to flu.
Some ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Make sure your workplaces are clean and hygienic
- Promote regular and thorough hand-washing by employees, employers and customers.
- Put sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace. Make sure these dispensers are regularly refilled.
- Promote good respiratory hygiene in the workplace
- Ensure that face masks (surgical mask) and / or paper tissues are available at your workplaces, for those who develop a runny nose or cough at work, along with closed bins for hygienically disposing of them
- Refrain from unnecessary travel both local and international.
More news, search here: News.