India is the second most sleep-deprived country all over the world, US-based fitness wearable company Fitbit has come up with this report. An average nightly sleep of India 7 hours 1 minute after Japanese who get an average sleep of 6 hours 47 minutes, according to Fitbit sleep data insights.
The report further claimed that Indian Fitbit users clocked 48 minutes less than the average sleep of users in the UK and 32 minutes lesser than average nightly sleep of Americans. Also, Fitbit ;users in India got 77 minutes of REM sleep on average which is the lowest in the world just like Japanese who get the same amount of REM sleep on an average.
Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep is a crucial aspect for emotion regulation, memory, and the peak stage of protein synthesis at the cellular level that ensures that multiple processes in the body work properly, according to the report.
The report based on aggregated and anonymised user data analysis from 18 countries:- India, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Spain, the UK and the US. Fitbit said Indians get 77 minutes of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, which is the lowest in the world, similar to the Japanese.
Fitbit ranking based data from August 1, 2018 – July 31, 2019:
- Japan: 6 hours 47 minutes
- India: 7 hours 1 minute
- Singapore: 7 hours 5 minutes
- Peru: 7 hours 12 minutes
- Hong Kong: 7 hours 14 minutes
- Mexico: 7 hours 21 minutes
- Argentina: 7 hours 26 minutes
- Italy: 7 hours 28 minutes
- Spain: 7 hours 31 minutes
- United States and Chile: 7 hours 33 minutes
- Germany: 7 hours 43 minutes
- Canada: 7 hours 44 minutes
- United Kingdom: 7 hours 49 minutes
- France: 7 hours 50 minutes
- Australia: 7 hours 53 minutes
- New Zealand: 7 hours 56 minutes
- Ireland: 7 hours 57 minutes
Age-wise breakup of average nightly sleep of Indians is as follows:
More information about News, you can search here.