Facebook launches his new dating app on the Apple Store and is calling it Tuned. Now through this app couples can privately share their mood, exchange music with Spotify, and create digital scrapbooks and more. It takes the work out of creating a dating profile and gives you a more authentic look at who someone is.
The Facebook company begins rolling out its new dating service Facebook Dating Thursday in the United States after launching last year in 19 countries, including Argentina, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
It is said by Facebook,” We’re also giving people the ability to integrate their Instagram posts directly into their Facebook Dating profile and giving people the ability to add Instagram followers to their Secret Crush lists, in addition to Facebook friends. By the end of the year, we’ll make it possible to add Facebook and Instagram Stories to your Dating profile too.”
How It Works:
- At first, you can choose to opt into Facebook Dating and create a Dating profile (separate from your main profile) if you’re 18 years or older and have downloaded the most recent version of Facebook.
- You will be suggested to others who have also opted in.
- People are suggested based on your preferences, interests and other things you do on Facebook.
- Facebook Dating isn’t about swiping or having to wait for someone to like you to get a first chance at reaching out.
- If you are interested in someone, you can comment directly on their profile or tap on the Like button to let them know.
- If you aren’t interested, you can pass on them.
- Facebook Dating allows you to match with friends of friends and/or people not in your friend circle.
- Facebook Dating won’t match you with friends, unless you choose to use Secret Crush and you both add each other to your list.
- All of your Dating activity will stay in Facebook Dating. It won’t be shared to the rest of Facebook.
In addition to the US, Facebook Dating is currently available in 19 other countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Uruguay, and Vietnam. It will be in Europe by early 2020. Learn more at facebook.com/dating.
More Social news, search here.