WhatsApp recently release their group call features, now you can include up to eight people instead of just four. In order to reach the new upper limit, everyone on the call will need to be running the updated version of the app.
“More than 700 million daily actives use WhatsApp and Messenger for calling. In many countries, calling has doubled since the Covid-19 outbreak began. To help you stay connected with your whole family and groups of friends, we’re doubling the number of people who can participate in a group video call from 4 to 8 on WhatsApp.” said by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
How to make group calls on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the Calls tab from the bar that includes tabs for Chats and Status.
- Now, press the call button from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Then, search for or select the contacts you want to add to the call.
- Tap the New group call button.
- The app will now let you select your contacts from the list with whom you want to speak through a group call.
- Make sure you and your contacts have strong Internet connections when placing or receiving group video calls.
- The quality of the video call will depend on the contact with the weakest connection.
- When you receive a group video call, the incoming WHATSAPP VIDEO CALL screen will show the participants currently on the call, and the first contact listed will be the participant that added you.
- During a group video call, you have the option to turn your video off by tapping Video off.
- You can’t remove a contact during a group video call. The contact would need to hang up their phone to disconnect from the call.
- Group video call history will appear in the CALLS tab. You can tap the call history to view the individual contacts from the call.
- While it’s possible to be in a group video call with someone you’ve blocked, you can’t add a contact that you’ve blocked to the call or a contact that has blocked you.
More information about Social, search here.